Sea Hare - Dolabella auricularia
The Sea Hare is actually a marine slug that gets its name from its oral tentacles, which give it the look of a rabbit, hence its common name.
The body of the Sea Hare is a combination of speckles and patterns.
This odd looking herbivore is very good at removing problem algae in an aquarium.
For optimum health provide an aquarium with live rock and open sandy areas to burrow in.
Food and Diet:
If regular feedings of Algae are not possible from growth in the aquarium, it will need a supplemented diet of lettuce or dried sea weed.
Reef Compatibility:Very good
Level of Care:
All in-tank powerheads or pump inlets must be protected with a screen or sponge to keep the Sea Hare safe from harm.
Approximate Purchase Size: 2 " to 4
- New Products
- Saltwater Live Rock
- Saltwater Fish
- Saltwater Clams
- Frag Tools & Supply
- Additives and supplements
- Air Pumps
- Scrapers,Magnets and Cleaners
- Aquatic Sealants & Adhesives
- Calcium and Kalk Reactors & PH monitors
- CO2 Equipment
- EcoTech Products
- Electronics and Dosing Equipment
- Filters, Scrubbers & Reactors
- Live,Dry & Frozen Foods
- Iwaki Pumps
- Lighting & Bulbs
- Low Voltage Cable Heaters
- Miscellaneous - Maintenance-Cleaning - Traps
- Neptune Systems
- Ozone Products
- Pond supply
- Protein Skimmers
- Reverse Osmosis & Auto Top Off
- Sand & Substrates
- Testing Equipment
- UV Sterilizers
- Water Pumps,Powerheads & Dosers
- Wave Machines