The Tuxedo Urchin is an excellent algae controller for either a reef aquarium or a saltwater fish only aquarium housing aggressive fish.
Easily identifiable by there colored bands usually blue or black, with red, brown, or dark spines.
During the day, urchins will find a corner or hiding spot to rest.
At night, they will roam about the tank searching for food and algae on the substrate, rockwork, and glass.
Food and Diet:
The urchin is best kept in an aquarium where it will have ample supplies of algae to eat.
Recommended Minimum tank size: 1 gallon or larger
Level of Care: Easy
Approximate Purchase Size: 1" to 2"
Reef Compatibility:Very good
- New Products
- Saltwater Live Rock
- Saltwater Fish
- Saltwater Clams
- Frag Tools & Supply
- Additives and supplements
- Air Pumps
- Scrapers,Magnets and Cleaners
- Aquatic Sealants & Adhesives
- Calcium and Kalk Reactors & PH monitors
- CO2 Equipment
- EcoTech Products
- Electronics and Dosing Equipment
- Filters, Scrubbers & Reactors
- Live,Dry & Frozen Foods
- Iwaki Pumps
- Lighting & Bulbs
- Low Voltage Cable Heaters
- Miscellaneous - Maintenance-Cleaning - Traps
- Neptune Systems
- Ozone Products
- Pond supply
- Protein Skimmers
- Reverse Osmosis & Auto Top Off
- Sand & Substrates
- Testing Equipment
- UV Sterilizers
- Water Pumps,Powerheads & Dosers
- Wave Machines