Blue Leg Reef Hermit Crab; Atl.; - Paguristes sp.
The Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab or simply Blue Leg Hermit Crab, has blue legs with red banding. Both claws are of equal size, and members of this genus are sometimes called "Equal-handed Hermit Crabs." This tiny crab lives in abandoned snail shells, or it may attack and eat the snail, then use the shell for its home.
The Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab is a valuable addition to an aquarium because it will eat algae including green hair algae and cyanobacteria. In addition, it provides valuable aeration by sifting through the sand. It is one of the Hermit Crabs that is reef-safe.
If insufficient algae is present, the Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab will need to be fed dried seaweed.
Approximate Purchase Size: 1/4" to 3/4"
- New Products
- Saltwater Live Rock
- Saltwater Fish
- Saltwater Clams
- Frag Tools & Supply
- Additives and supplements
- Air Pumps
- Scrapers,Magnets and Cleaners
- Aquatic Sealants & Adhesives
- Calcium and Kalk Reactors & PH monitors
- CO2 Equipment
- EcoTech Products
- Electronics and Dosing Equipment
- Filters, Scrubbers & Reactors
- Live,Dry & Frozen Foods
- Iwaki Pumps
- Lighting & Bulbs
- Low Voltage Cable Heaters
- Miscellaneous - Maintenance-Cleaning - Traps
- Neptune Systems
- Ozone Products
- Pond supply
- Protein Skimmers
- Reverse Osmosis & Auto Top Off
- Sand & Substrates
- Testing Equipment
- UV Sterilizers
- Water Pumps,Powerheads & Dosers
- Wave Machines