Kessil A160WE Controllable LED Aquarium Light - Tuna Blue & Tuna Sun
The A160WE features Kessil`s new proprietary Kessil Logic, a unique form of spectral intelligence developed for precise color blending and optimal coral growth. In this new design, instead of varying the light intensity of two different channels to find the desired color and intensity mix, users can select the perfect spectrum and color with one knob and then adjust the intensity with the other. Kessil Logic will not only dramatically improve the user experience, it will also boost the light output at both ends of the spectral tuning range by as much as 30%.
External Controllability In addition to its enhanced manual controllability, the A160WE comes with a pair of ports that allows the fixture to be governed by external devices. This new control interface operates within a 0-10Volt DC range, making it compatible with several popular aquarium controllers. When daisy-chained in series without an external controller, the first A360 or A160 acts as the master unit propagating its settings to all other lights in the chain.
Shimmer Kessil lights are the only LEDs capable of producing a spectacular shimmer that rivals MH. The effect gives the look of natural sunlight on a coral reef. It`s like having your own piece of the ocean.
Spectrum Kessil LED chips are manufactured in-house with spectrums customized for aquarist needs. Dense Matrix™ technology is used to build LED arrays with unique spectral blends. A proprietary blend of UV light enhances coral growth and color.
Penetration Patented Dense Matrix LED™ tehcnology concentrates multiple LED chips into an array, creating a powerful light source with better and deeper penetration, without sacrificing coverage. E-Series LEDs are 15% brighter.
Color Mixing Different wavelengths within a single LED array are seamlessly blended before leaving the light, emitting a uniform color with widespread coverage.
Design High performance and low maintenance. Simple and compact units feature quiet operation, innovative heat management and efficient, long-lasting LED construction
TunabilityTune the spectrum (10,000K – Actinic) and intensity for a personalized look. Kessil Logic™ maintains consistent output across the tunable spectrum.
Controllability Compatible with 0 ~ 10V external controllers such as the Kessil Spectral Controller or Apex with VDM Module. Multiple lights can be daisy-chained for control by either a single external controller or first light in chain.
- Color Spectrum: 10,000K – Actinic
- Fixture Dimensions: 4" x 2.48" (Length x Diameter)
- Coverage Area (fish-only and soft corals): up to 24" surface diameter
- Coverage Area (mixed reef with LPS or SPS corals): up to 18" surface diameter
- Power Supply: 100-240 VAC (Input), 19-24V DC (Output)
- Power Usage: 40W
* Please note: Controller/DaisyChain cables are sold separately. They are NOT included.
Amazing natural shimmer you've come to expect from Kessil, with a controllable LED, now in a compact package. We can't help but be impressed with the natural looking lighting effect produced by Kessil LEDs. They produce an amazing shimmer to rival a metal halide and you can even see the shadows of fish swimming over the sand - just like in the ocean. Kessil has put years of research into their LEDs creating a Dense Matrix LED which tightly packs the LEDs onto one chip with numerous colors and numerous wavelengths of light.
The Kessil A160WE Tuna Sun is perfect for nano and pico freshwater aquariums. Emitting a spectrum range of 6,000K to 9,000K making them a perfect light for fast growth, and coloration. Pair the A160WE up with a Kessil A-series gooseneck for an easy and quick mounting solution.
- Kessil Logic™ - Adjust color on one channel and intensity on other channel
- Tunability - Tune the spectrum and intensity from 6,000K - 9,000K for the Tuna Sun
- Compatible with external 0~10V controllers like the Kessil Spectral Controller, Neptune Apex, and Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper
- Compact, pendant design
- Exceptional shimmer effect
- Dense Matrix LED - patented design of tightly packed LED
- Proprietary blend of precision UV light to encourage coral coloration
- Two Channels for fine tuning of brightness and color spectrum
- Quiet operation
- Advanced heat management system results in higher efficiency
- Easily mounted via the Kessil Gooseneck System
- Tuna Blue best for reef and saltwater tanks
- Tuna Sun best for refugiums, mangrove, and planted tanks
- A160WE will cover a 12” - 24” area, at a height of 12” - 24” off the surface of the water respectively
- 5" (including control knobs) x 2.5" x 2.5"
- 2.3 pounds (includes power supply)
- 40 watts
The Kessil A160WE is an Apex Ready product.
- New Products
- Saltwater Live Rock
- Saltwater Fish
- Saltwater Clams
- Frag Tools & Supply
- Additives and supplements
- Air Pumps
- Scrapers,Magnets and Cleaners
- Aquatic Sealants & Adhesives
- Calcium and Kalk Reactors & PH monitors
- CO2 Equipment
- EcoTech Products
- Electronics and Dosing Equipment
- Filters, Scrubbers & Reactors
- Live,Dry & Frozen Foods
- Iwaki Pumps
- Lighting & Bulbs
- Low Voltage Cable Heaters
- Miscellaneous - Maintenance-Cleaning - Traps
- Neptune Systems
- Ozone Products
- Pond supply
- Protein Skimmers
- Reverse Osmosis & Auto Top Off
- Sand & Substrates
- Testing Equipment
- UV Sterilizers
- Water Pumps,Powerheads & Dosers
- Wave Machines